The program in the field of Computer Science is a never ending process. The Computer Science Department is designed to keep up to this place. Realizing the importance of rapid advancement in the information technology sector, all the labs are equipped with the network structure and are updated and upgraded as per the requirement and demand of industries. The air conditioned computer lab of the college has 250 systems with latest configuration and with high speed internet facilities.
To produce competent Computer Science Professionals who are capable of analyzing problems, design, formulate and evaluate, develop and maintain technological solutions in achieving the aim of the institution and society.
The department has the following missions
- Provide a learning environment that enables the students to become thinking and diagnostic in the area of computer software and hardware by utilizing the modern resources and technology
- Add professional and ethical values to students through the interaction of academicians and industrialists
- To develop entrepreneurship abilities by intense interaction with professional entrepreneurs
- To prepare graduates for leadership in profession and in higher education
- Organize need based student training programs and encourage students to participate in national, international conferences and journal publications.
- Organize need based faculty and staff development programs and encourage faculty to participate in national and , international conferences and journal publications
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates will contribute to allied professional fields such as software development hardware development and embedded system design.
- The graduates have professional and employability skills with capability of applying scientific and engineering knowledge in solving emerging real world problems related to fields such as programming, networking, information security, image analysis and advanced computing systems
- Exposure emerging technologies in computer industry and be able to advance professionally through organized trainings and self learning in the area of Software and Hardware.
- The graduates are motivated to start their own enterprises and generate employment for other professionals
- The graduates will be empowered to seek admissions in the higher educational programs, skill oriented professional certifications and activities of R & D.
- The graduates demonstrate the abilities of systematic team working strategies and skills for testing and execution of complex technological solutions.
The laboratories under Computer Science & Engineering Department are
1. C Programming Lab
This lab provides a strong foundation for developing the art of programming to the students of computing streams about problem solving and programming in C Language. The Lab experiment includes the familiarization of C language and common applications of C language.
2. Data Structures Lab
This lab provides experience to visualize the importance of structuring and organizing the data on the basis of efficiency of algorithms that process the data, like static and dynamic data structures as well as linear and nonlinear data structures.
3. Object Oriented and Programming Lab
This laboratory provides the basic concepts of object oriented programming and paradigms of programming. So the students can learn an object oriented way of solving problems using C++ language.
4. Application Software Development Lab
This lab provides the basic concepts of data bases and information’s useful for the management of data bases. The lab experiment includes the file organization, database design, transaction processing techniques, DDL, DML & DCL. So the students are able to design new and modify databases, write queries and build some data base projects.